Friday, November 12, 2010

The Caterpillars Are Coming

My experience with Caterpillars began as a very small child. I don't mean the little, many legged, green variety either. I am talking about the huge, yellow, loud, clanking variety 955 Cat Loaders. With a father in construction I don't recall when I wasn't around a Cat. I recall with great fondness, as a very small child, pulling the levers on a 955 Cat Loader, in the lap of Clint Bodford of Bodford Brothers Grading, as he cleared a lot near Walkertown. Many years later I recall Clint turning a house to dust and making it disappear from a Salem Street in a few hours. As an adult I recall, with fondness, being surrounded by numerous monstrous Cat's as they created mega clouds of dust forming acres of land transforming our Salem. It is with great anticipation and pride that I welcome the Big Yellow Caterpillars to our Salem. It's a new day in Salem!

The Caterpillar Century

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your comments here.

Because of the nature of this blog, all comments are moderated and will not appear until they are reviewed. All comments will be approved unless they are found to be blatantly inappropriate, vulgar, and abusive or attempt to reveal the identity of anyone involved with this blog. NO comment with a commercial link will be accepted!